PTG CODE OF ETHICS
In order to promote the highest standards of professional conduct of Piano Technicians Guild members, and to foster a relationship of trust between PTG members and their clients, this Code of Ethics constitutes the standards for which each member will be held accountable, and to which each member agrees upon joining PTG.
- I will act honorably and in a professional manner.
- I will uphold the principles of honesty and integrity for which the PTG stands.
- I will represent my education, training, experience, and area of expertise honestly and accurately.
- I will uphold the Mission Statement, Bylaws, and Organizational Policies of the PTG.
- I will render the best possible service under the circumstances, always keeping the best interests of my client in mind.
- I will use the name and trademarks of the PTG properly and will encourage others to do the same.
- I will strive to upgrade my professional skills and I will encourage and help others to do the same.
- I will promote goodwill towards my profession and towards the music industry.
- I will engage only in business practices that are in accord with the antitrust guidelines as set forth by the PTG.