See PTG Organizational Policies
Ask An Expert Policy
- Ask an Expert volunteers shall serve as a Board Task Group with the oversight of a liaison. The Task Group charges and staffing shall be reviewed annually. [19-007]
- An automatic reply should be set up to all inquiries as follows: “Thank you for contacting the Expert’s Line at the Piano Technicians Guild. The technicians who volunteer their time to this service will be in touch with you as quickly as possible. If you don’t get a response within 48 hours, please contact our Webmaster at email@example.com. Thank you once again for using our service.”
- When answering an inquiry to the list the responder will use the following: “Thank you for contacting the Piano Technicians Guild.”
- When answering an inquiry to the list the responder will use the following closing statement: “Once again, thank you for contacting the Piano Technicians Guild. We hope that you will contact us in the future for all your piano related needs. Sincerely, Joe Tuner, RPT.
- In no case should the responding technician exclusively promote his/her own business using this forum.
- The responding technician shall - Accentuate the Positive and Eliminate the Negative by:
(a) The technician will emphasize solutions rather than problems.
(b) The technician will advocate their personal methods without denigrating contrasting opinions.
(c) The technician will provide factual information in a thought-stimulating manner.
(d) No energy will be wasted lamenting over obstacles.
(e) The technician will turn every obstacle into an opportunity for superior service and will not spend a minute of time complaining about things over which we have no control.
(f) The technician will also present positive methods of dealing with customers who are unhappy with their pianos. [10-013]
- Create FAQ sheet to replace task group.